I did my friend Netta's hair for Homecoming this past Saturday. I just did a quick-weave, which is bonded (glued in) tracks then styled to the customer's liking. The hair was all 8-inches originally, and for the first time ever, I cut it up and styled it into a feathered bob.
* BEFORE *
* AFTER *
I cut and styled it alot more after these pictures, but this is what you get when you're nervous and you feel like you have to rush. In the end, she loved it so that's what matters. :)
Alright, it's about time that I do this post for two products I received from John @ Misikko.com. First off, Misikko is a lovely, family-owned hair care site. They specialize in flat irons, but are not limited to just those styling tools. They also sell hair dryers, curling irons, makeup and skincare products, and of course hair care products. John emailed me about a month ago and asked if I would like to receive two products to do a review on. Of course I said yes, are you kidding me?
"Hana Shine Shield is the latest product in a line committed to safe, effective heat styling. Shine Shield is a thermal serum that can be used as a leave-in conditioner - lightweight and never greasy, it protects and strengthens hair whether you use it with a flat iron, hair dryer or alone. Shine Shield contains the natural magic of Jojoba oil for its superb qualities of deep moisturization, fast absorption into hair follicles and scalp, and unparalleled shimmer & shine. 6 oz."
* Smells great
* Not thick/goopy
* Dries quickly, no greasy feeling
* Perfect styling aid
* Good size bottle, lasts awhile
* A bit pricey, IMO
* This is one of the top selling hair care products, and I do understand why. My hair is pretty thick and this product worked very well by itself and with others when it came to straightening my hair. It gives a silky, smooth, shiny finish to my hair and leaves it feeling nice and soft. I like how no matter how much product I use, it never feels greasy and yucky. I use it prior to all heat styling and for smoothing down those annoying fly-aways. I use a Sephora flat-iron which heats up to 410 degrees. Irons that heat up to 425-500 degrees could really get some great use out of this product.
"CHI Silk Infusion™ - Reconstructing Complex is specially formulated for thermal styling and hair repair. CHI Silk Infusion contains no alcohol, so it won't dry your hair out as a leave in treatment - and it'll leave your hair with the head-turning, lustrous shine of pure silk."
* Smells nice
* Lasts awhile, a little goes a long way
* Works well for curling irons
* Doesn't live up to its reputation IMO
* Doesn't work well with flat irons
* I honestly think that this product is beyond overrated. It wasn't very thick, but it felt gunky when I applied to my hair, even in small amounts. I used it on my cousin's as well and it made her hair feel somewhat "dirty" while styling. However, I heat my curling iron up to 500 degrees for tight waves and it worked well for that. But for my flat iron, I could pass on using it again. I found it to be very messy as well. I didn't realize I had knocked it over with the top open, and it took me forever to clean up the yellow stain off my bathroom floor.
Have you tried either of these products? What do you think of them?
[I am in LOVE with this picture as my Twitter background. Follow me @RaeIsSuchaDoll]
Well, well, well...look at what we have here. Let's just cut the crap and get to the post, right? :D
This past month I've been on two different trips and haven't done much in between except work. What's my excuse? I honestly don't have one, except that I've been in a MAJOR blogging funk. My main focuses have been getting my license, how to successfully host a blog sale, and what my first Youtube video should be about. Random.
So let me give you a summary of my travels:
* Dentox, TX - Well, I was happy to see my cousin. Let's just leave it at that. =/ We never made it to see my friends in Tyler or Houston, so it sucked. BADLY.
* Seattle, WA - Never made it to Canada, but who cares! I had soooo much fun with my mom, cousin, uncle AND dog...yeah it was alot of us but the more the merrier in this case. And while shopping, I met Judy @ It's Judy Time! She was so cute and sweet, you seriously can't help but love her. I wanted to take a picture with her, but it was at her job and my "cute when I left the house" hair looked a wreck after awhile. Whatever.
Ummmm, other than that...I have the top of my hair highlighted and I cut myself side bangs again. I have pretty round face, so bangs do it alot of justice as far as slimming goes. They're just extra annoying when they fall and stab me in the eye lol. I'll post pictures soon. That's about it. Man, my life...lmao.
Hi, I'm Raeven Marie. Aka "Houston". 19. 2/29 Pisces. I live in Nebraska. Cosmetology school student & employed. I have a strong liking for rambling, makeup, puppies, glitter, feathers, high heels, vibrant colors, headbands & accessories, animal print, great fashion, my Droid, starbucks coffee, bright pink lipstick & plenty of other fun-tastic things.